Location: Biscay Street NW and 41st Way NW
Current status: Startup and testing
Anticipated Completion: May 2021
Washington Water Service construction crews are making improvements to the water system and installing arsenic treatment. The project includes the following construction sequencing:
- Install a new well pump, wellhead assembly and enclosure.
- Construct building improvements and install a new chemical building.
- Install new treatment filter array.
- Install new domestic booster pumps.
- Disinfect all new/altered on-site piping and components prior to activation.
- Activate, after satisfactory pressure and water quality test results have been confirmed.
Improvements will take place while the existing system remains operational. Shutdown and tie-in work will be minimized and scheduled to provide customers with advance notice should outages occur.
The work will be performed Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M, excluding holidays. All work is anticipated to be performed onsite; traffic control will be implemented as needed to allow crews to safely enter/exit the work area. Please avoid the work area as many hazards exist on active construction sites.
Bottled water service will continue to be provided by Washington Water until construction is complete and treatment is operating as designed (as shown by follow up testing).