How do I turn off the water supply to my house in the event of a break in my plumbing or a repair?

You can interrupt the flow of water to your home by turning off your house valve. House valves are usually located beneath a faucet outside the home, most typically near the faucet for the garden hose. (See the How to Shut Off Your Water page for more information.) If you cannot find your house valve, please call our Customer Service Center at our toll-free number for assistance.